When the Bris is Postponed…



We were blessed Bh with a baby boy 5 weeks ago but due to the yellowness, the bris is waiting.

The question is whether there is an inyan to do things to make the bris happen earlier e.g. feeding formula which is said to quicken the yellowness to go.



Formula is not a first option if breast milk is readily available.

One need not try to find ways to prematurely quicken the process of the baby being fit to have a bris. The Rebbe would often quote the Rambam in connection to a delayed Bris ” it is possible to do the Bris later, but it is impossible to return a soul…”

Are you in contact with your mohel and following his advice?